Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Process Engineering Supervisor
The Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Process Engineering Supervisor is responsible for managing quality, testing, and production for a new, state of the art PCBA production facility. This position works with plant management to develop and maintain a successful production process.
In addition, the following will be the primary accountabilities of this role:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes, workflow, task and job management, quality systems.
- Identify and implement process changes to improve yields, reduce costs, improve run-time, reduce downtime, and improve quality for all products.
- Create reflow profiles ensuring integrity of solder joints within internal quality guidelines.
- Analyze yield of SMT processes to ensure process capabilities and throughput.
- Analyze SMT defects to determine likely failure modes.
- Develop practical economic solutions to meet performance, cost and schedule requirements within program constraints.
- Utilize offline software to generate SMT and Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) programs.
- Perform root cause analysis of day-to-day issues associated with manufacturing.
- Drive Zero-Defect Quality, 100% On Time Delivery and minimal Cycle Time.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – Supervise team of assemblers.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of SMT manufacturing experience.
- 8+ years experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrate ability to develop, lead and motivate multifunctional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong leadership, inter-personal / communication skills, working in a team environment.
- A customer orientated focus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
LANGUAGE SKILLS – English
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - Prolonged periods standing on the production floor and working on a computer. Lift up to 15 pounds at times.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Non-smoking, clean manufacturing facility with cross-functional, empowered teams. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
DAVCO products are designed for tough commercial applications including On and Off-Highway, Industrial, Gen Set, Construction, Military and Marine. DAVCO's dedicated staff, from Sales to Engineering and from Customer Support to the exceptional Manufacturing Team all know and recognize that YOU, our customers, are our principle focus and the reason for DAVCO's existence.